September 13th - ASA of Mississippi Golf Tournament, Deerfield Golf Club, Canton, MS
Webinars offered by ASA National
ASA Announces Webinar Series for 2018-19
Beginning this August, ASA’s 2018-19 Webinar Series will focus on topics that can help subcontractors stay competitive, avoid or reduce risks, and be more profitable. The registration fee for webinars is $99 for ASA members and $179 for nonmembers. Register online under “Register for an Event” on the ASA Web site. All ASA webinars will take place from 12:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. Eastern time:
• Aug. 14, 2018: “High Times—Navigating a Drug Free Workplace in Light of Marijuana Use Laws and Restrictions on Post-Accident Testing,” by Philip J. Siegel, Hendrick, Phillips, Salzman & Siegel
• Sept. 11, 2018: “Electronic Takeoff Software Solutions,” by Justin Hobby, Exactal
• Oct. 9, 2018: “Group Captive Insurance for Construction Companies,” by Ed Kushlis, Insurance Associates
• Nov. 13, 2018: “The Soft Side of Scheduling: Improving Communications Between GCs and Subcontractors,” by Steve Groth, Chiaramonte Construction
• Dec. 11, 2018: “Improving the Change Order Process,” by Ron Churchey, Shapiro & Duncan
• Jan. 8, 2019: “Work-In-Progress Reporting,” by Stephen Blankenship, Ennis Electric
• Feb. 12, 2019: “The Best—and Worst—Construction Legal Decisions of 2018,” by Adam Harrison, Harrison Law Group
• March 19, 2019: “Lean Construction—What Subcontractors Need to Know,” by Lean Construction Institute
• April 9, 2019: “Avoiding Predatory OCIPs, CCIPs and Builders Risk Insurance Flow-Downs,” by Jonathan Mitz, Ennis Electric
• May 14, 2019: “Corporate and Individual Tax Planning Under the New Tax Law,” by Thomas B. Bailey, CPA, CVA, Councilor, Buchanan & Mitchell, P.C.
• June 11, 2019: “HR Basics—for Small Businesses,” by Jamie Hasty, SESCO Management Consultants
• July 9, 2019: “Emerging Technologies—Smart Tools, UAVs and Others—and How They Relate to the Internet of Things,” by Maxim Consulting Group
• Aug. 13, 2019: “Skilled Trades Shortage,” by Michael Brewer, The Brewer Companies
The Mississippi ASA Board of Directors on or before December 31st of each year accepts nominations from its membership for General Contractors, Architects & Engineers who should be considered as ASA “Partnership Member Firms”. This is an elite group of construction professionals that are NOT subcontractors or supplies and they are not eligible to become ASA Member Firms. This program was established so that the chapter could recognizes those firms that exemplify strong professional working relationships with ASA of Mississippi’s member firms. All “Partnership Member Firms” are discussed and voted on by the chapters Board of Directors.
ASA is proud to announce its 2018 Partnership Program Nominees:
• Benchmark Construction – David Marsh – President
• Brasfield & Gorrie - Ryan Springer – Project Director
• JESCO Construction, Inc. - Jerry Maxcy – President
• Probity Contracting Group, Inc. – Matt Harrell - President
Fisher Brown Bottrell Insurance, Inc.
Matthews, Cutrer & Lindsay, P.A.
United Piping, Inc.
JL Roberts Mechanical Contracting LLC
Benchmark Construction Corp.
Ivey Mechanical Company, LLC
Jernigan Copeland & Anderson, PLLC
Capital Concrete Cutting, Inc.
Bulldog Construction Co
Steel Service Corp
White Construction Co
Blue Line Rental
Special Event Sponsors
H&P Leasing (closest to hole)
FL Crane (closest to hole)
Plan House (long drive)
Sunbelt Rental (hole in one)